What is PTE Academic?
PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic) is a computer-based language test that offers candidates the fastest, fairest and most flexible way of proving their English language proficiency for immigration and student visas.
As an education or migration agent, PTE Academic offers you a new and more efficient way of helping your clients achieve their goals.
How is PTE Academic Structured?
PTE Academic is a single 3 hour test, comprising.
|Part 1||Speaking and writing||
77 – 93 minutes
32 – 41 minutes
45 – 57 minutes
PTE Academic is designed to help test takers achieve their goals sooner.
FAST & FLEXIBLE
- Schedule PTE Academic up to twenty-four hours in advance.
- Completed in a convenient single three-hour test session.
- Results are typically available within five business days.
- Testing globally over 360 days of the year, in over 200 test centers around the world.
FAIR & SECURE
- No more frustration: Highly accurate marking makes test scores consistent.
- No bias: The test is scored by computer so it doesn’t matter where test takers come from or what they look like, PTE Academic only tests their English skills.
- Palm-vein scanning, randomized test forms and data forensics ensure test score validity.
RECOGNIZED & ACCEPTED
- Accepted for study applications by thousands of institutions worldwide, including:.
- 100% of Australian, New Zealand, and Irish universities.
- 96% of UK universities.
- A growing number of universities in the USA and Canada.
- Universities in Europe and Asia delivering courses in English.
- Approved by the Australian and New Zealand Governments for all student visa and migration applications, and accepted by an increasing number of professional bodies. Click here to learn more
UNLIMITED SCORE REFERRALS
- Candidates can send their scores to an unlimited number of institutions without additional fees via their secure online account.
PTE Academic consists of three main parts and there are 20 different question types. The test is an integrated skills test, each question type assessing one language skill or a combination of language skills. Question types are task-based, representing the range of functions and situations that students will encounter in an English speaking environment. The table below shows the test structure, question types and time allowed.
|Part 1 Speaking and Writing||Personal Introduction||
|Part 1 Speaking and Writing||
30 – 35 minutes
|Part 1 Speaking and Writing||2 X Summarize written text||
|Part 1 Speaking and Writing||summarize written text or Write Essay||
10 or 20 minutes
|Part 1 Speaking and Writing||Write Essay||
|Part 2 Reading||
32 – 41 minutes
|Part 3 Listening||Summarize Spoken Text||
20 - 30 minutes
|Part 3 Listening||
23 – 38 minutes